How To Make Dough For Roti Using A Food Processor
Buying A Food Processor
Shopping At Mixiwale
If you fall under the major chunk of our Indian population that feels cooking is time-consuming or rather pre-cooking, we have just the solution for you. We believe a Food Processor would be the ideal addition to your modern kitchen. But let’s start by answering what a Food Processor is.
A food processor is a versatile kitchen appliance that can quickly and easily chop, slice, shred, grind, and puree almost any food. Some models can also assist the home cook in making citrus and vegetable juice, beating cake batter, beating egg whites, and grinding meats and vegetables.
Not only are processors great for making a quick work of chopping veggies, but they’re also absolutely fabulous for making dough and pastes. It’s a dream come true for speedy desserts, a shortcut to elegant sauces and a smart way to incorporate salads into your diet.
How To Make Dough for Roti Using A Food Processor
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Makes enough dough for 7 chapatis
1.5 cups of Atta / Indian whole wheat flour
1/3 cup of water
1/2 tsp of salt (or to taste)
2 tsp of oil, ghee, or butter
1. Make sure your food processor comes with a dough blade. It will have blunt edges but will look the same as your regular chopping blade.
2. Add the Atta + salt to the largest bowl in your processor.
3. Close the lid and start the machine. If there are speed settings, start at the lowest speed to make sure the salt is mixed properly with the flour. With the machine running, add water in a slow trickle through the opening on the lid. Adjust water according to how much you need. This depends on the flour quality, consistency, humidity where you live, etc.
You will see the dough forming slowly as you add water. Stop and go so you can control the dough’s consistency. It’s very easy to add more water, so be careful!
4. Soon you will find the dough forming into a ball and ‘cleaning’ up the sides of the bowl. Add oil at this stage and let it run for a minute longer.
Done! The dough will be sticky if you’d added the right amount of water. Take out, punch down, dust more flour if required, and let it rest for about 30 mins before proceeding to make chapati.
Buying A Food Processor Online
Buying an appliance as useful as a Food Processor online can also be a cumbersome task for the common household. Mixiwale is here to put your troubles at bay. We present to you the best Food Processors in India and that too at prices that are hard to match anywhere else.
- Strong 600W motor with 30 Minutes rating and 5 year Warranty.
- 1.5 litre unbreakable polycarbonate jar with Stainless Steel blades, Chutney jar 0.4 litre
- LED light indicator on the knob. Timing Belt: PU
- Nylon Polyurethane belt for long life, Motor overload protector
- Processing bowl 1500 ml
- Stainless Steel centrifugal cutter
- Warranty: 2 years on product
- 3 speed control & pulse function
- Included Components: Spindle, Spindle extension, Pusher, Kneading blade, Chopping blade, Shredding and French fries blade, Unique slicing blade, Whisking blade, Bowl lid, Citrus juicer, Processing bowl, Liquidizing jar with blade and Warranty card.
Shopping At Mixiwale
We have incorporated Repairing Services for Mixer Grinders, so feel free to contact us and seek our services in the Delhi NCR Region. If you feel unsatisfied with the product’s condition or working, we provide you with an extremely hassle-free return policy. You may return the product at the time of delivery itself, wasting no time.
That being said, we offer you the best in class service in terms of quality and assurance with service complements such as :
- Unboxing at your doorstep
- Delivery in 48 hours
- HASSLE-FREE RETURN
- CASH ON DELIVERY